Pages

Thursday 29 May 2014

Baked Asparagus Fries

It's Asparagus season!!!


I am so excited to be heading to Barrie's Asparagus Farm located in Cambridge, Ontario.  I can't wait to get my hands on some farm fresh Asparagus as well as some Asparagus products, like their Gluten-Free Tortilla Chips and of course tell all you lovely people about my finds when I return.


Our family enjoys Asparagus year round, we are willing to pay the higher prices in the winter to enjoy this yummy treat.  Asparagus is generally on our menu at least once a week, sometimes two.  Occasionally, for a at home date night Jon and I will cook up a bunch of appetizers and watch a movie.  A few weekends ago we had one of these date nights and I whipped up these Baked Asparagus Fries.


Now when I say whipped, I mean whipped.  These fries were so simple and quick to make I even tried my hand at a homemade garlic aioli while they baked (get the recipe here). 


This was a yummy addition to our usual appetizer fare and I cannot wait to make them again (with fresh seasonal Asparagus of course).


Note the double dredging in the recipe, this step is very important to get full Asparagus coverage and a nice crispy crust.  I am also thinking of trying this recipe with other veggies, maybe green beans or zucchini.  What do you think??? Are you as excited for Asparagus as I am???



No comments:

Post a Comment