Pages

Wednesday 11 June 2014

Asparagus and Procutto Eggs Benny (Barrie's Asparagus Farm Part 2)

Hello Lovelies!  Here I am, back again today with more Food Love for the food of the season Asparagus!  As you read in this the family and I headed out to Barrie's Asparagus Farm (here) to see what we could eat and returned home with a whole whack of wonderfulness.


One of my families' favourtie breakfast dishes is Eggs Benedict and with all this fresh asparagus lying around I was inspired.  But what to pair with the asparagus??? Of course a little prosciutto always does the trick.
 

Now I know what you must be thinking; Eggs Benedict? No way. Doesn't that have Hollandaise Sauce? Isn't that like super difficult to make?


My answer is NO.  Now granted this is NOT a traditional Hollandaise and Gordon Ramsey would probably have my head if he saw me make it, but it is quick, simple and tastes yummy so it is good enough for me and my family on a slow Sunday morning.


To make this particular creation I simply toasted some english muffins, poached some eggs, steamed some asparagus and assembled with proscuitto in the middle.  The Hollandaise topped it all off and it was pure heaven. 

Eggs Benedict can really consist of any combination of eggs, bread and toppings you would like.  Play with it.  See what tastes yummy to you.  And try this super easy, super quick Hollandaise Sauce to top it all off.




No comments:

Post a Comment