Pages

Thursday 5 June 2014

BBQ Mango Chicken Thighs with Gingered Cilantro Lime Quinoa

A few weeks ago I entered a contest run by Chicken Farmers of Canada (check them out here).  The challenge was to create a recipe using chicken thighs, mango, quinoa and ginger ale.  I accepted the challenge and the opportunity to play in the kitchen.  What I created was a yummy BBQ Sauce that combined well with juicy chicken thighs.  The Quinoa made a wonderful side dish and was a big hit with my daycare toddlers (win-win).


I didn't win (insert sad face here) as this contest was based on Facebook votes and I am just not the greatest at rallying the troops for stuff like this.  What I did get (instead of the prize of a paid trip to Ottawa) was a wonderful recipe that is becoming a staple in my families Summer BBQ rotation.



No comments:

Post a Comment